Benhür Satır, Doctor Instructor
Ph.D., Middle East Technical University, Industrial Engineering, 2010
M.S., Middle East Technical University, Economics, 2004
M.S., Middle East Technical University, Industrial Engineering, 2003
B.S., Middle East Technical University, Industrial Engineering, 1999
Phone: (312) 233 1368
Optimization, combinatorial optimization, supply chain optimization and management models, scheduling, meta-heuristic methods, mathematical modeling, inventory control systems, logistics, decision support systems, technology policies, microeconomics, game theory applications, agricultural economics.
Publications in Journals
- SATIR, B., Yıldırım, G., & Kırca, Ö. (2012). Broiler house performance analysis and chick entrance planning for a broiler chicken integration, Turkish Journal of Statistical Research, 9(3), 54-63.
- SATIR, B., Savaşaneril, S., Serin, Y. (2012). Pooling through lateral transshipments in service parts systems, European Journal of Operational Research, 220(2), 370–377.
- SATIR, B. (2012). The importance of information management system design for cost accounting, Information World Journal, 13(1), 82-92.
- Çetinkaya, F. C., Kandiller, L., SATIR, B., and Umutlu, M. (2009). Sector selection for cluster formation at OSTİM industrial zone: An AHP application. Proceedings of the International Workshop (Path to Innovation: Clusters 5-6), Çankaya University, Ankara, Turkey, November 2009 (Vol. 1, pp. 1-31).
- SATIR, B., Savaşaneril, S., & Serin, Y. (2008). İki bayiden oluşan bir yedek parça yönetim sisteminde envanter havuzlamanın faydaları. YA/EM XXVIII. Ulusal Kongresi, İstanbul, Turkey (pp. 199-201).
- SATIR, B., & Bodur, M.A. (2005). Timetabling of Çankaya University Industrial Engineering Department courses using genetic algorithm. 9th International Research/Expert Conference Trends in the Development of Machinery and Associated Technology TMT, Antalya, Turkey (pp. 461-464).
- SATIR, B., & Kasap, S. (2004). An inventory control application for a marble plant using fuzzy set approach. 4th International Symposium on Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, Sakarya, Turkey (pp. 1030-1038).
- SATIR, B., & Köksal, M. (2004). A general production and financial planning model for integrated poultry organizations. YA/EM XXIV. Ulusal Kongresi, Adana, Turkey (pp. 199-201).
- Alnıak, M. O., Köksal, M., & SATIR, B. (2003). Cals methodology and its contributions to Turkish industries and acquisition systems. International Logistics Congress, İstanbul, Turkey (pp. 274-279).
- SATIR, B., & Küçükyelkenci A., D. (2013). Analysis of a spare parts pooling system under service level constraint. Abstracts Book of the INFORMS Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, Minnesota, 416.
- SATIR, B., Savaşaneril, S., & Serin, Y. (2010). Pooling through lateral transshipments in decentralized spare parts systems. Proceedings of the 16th International Symposium on Inventories, Budapest, Hungary.
- SATIR, B., Savaşaneril, S., & Serin, Y. (2009). Inventory and service pooling in service parts management systems. INFORMS 2009 MSOM Conference & Special Interest Group (SIG) Meeting, Cambridge.
- SATIR, B., Savaşaneril, S., & Serin, Y. (2009). Benefits of pooling in service parts inventory systems. Proceedings of the 15th INFORMS Applied Probability Society Conference, Ithaca.
- SATIR, B. (2009). Analytical Hierarchical Process (AHP): Application at OSTİM. UNIKOBI EU Project 2nd Workshop, Ankara, Turkey.
- SATIR, B., Savaşaneril, S., & Serin, Y. (2006). Inventory rationing and order acceptance problem in a repair system with two customer types. Proceedings of the 2nd Joint Workshop between METU-IE and TUE-TM in focal area of Planning Systems in Stochastic Dynamic Environments, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
- Soysal, S., Çeven, E., & SATIR, B. (2007). Pricing of poultry products. Proceedings of the 22nd European Conference on Operational Research, Prague, Czech Republic, 102.
- SATIR, B. (2002). Gams aracılığı ile Endüstri Mühendisliği Bölümünün haftalık ders programı çizelgelemesi. YA/EM XXIII. Ulusal Kongresi, İstanbul-TURKEY, 40-41.
Funded/Sponsored Research and Industrial Projects
- Project Leader at Ferda Consultancy Ltd.: Decision support system for distribution optimization with integrated loading and routing planning. Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology of Turkish Republic supported project under techno-innovation projects 1156.TGSD.2013 (April 27, 2013-April 26, 2014).
- Project Co-Leader at Çankaya Technology Ltd.: Web-based mobile learning platform for SMEs and education institutes. Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology of Turkish Republic supported project under KOSGEB R&D and Innovation projects OHM.Ç.Ü.ARG 2011/5.025 (February 15, 2012-August 15, 2014).
- Contact Person of Çankaya University and Team Leader: HESAPRO (Health and safety at work in relation with productivity). EU funded project under Leonardo da Vinci-Partnership Projects 2011-1-TR1-LEO04-27362 (December 2011-July 2013, €103,000).
- Academic Co-advisor: Development of decision support system for MAN Türkiye A.Ş. for multi-worker multi-zone mixed-model assembly line balancing. Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology supported project under SANTEZ Programme 00695.STZ.2010-2. (December 15, 2010-March 15, 2012, 75,000 TL).
- Project Member and Trainer: MEcluster (Strategic Planning for Sustainable Clustering of Collaborative SMEs). EU funded project under Leonardo da Vinci-Transfer of Innovation 2008-1-TR1-LEO05-03157 (November 1, 2008-October 31, 2010, €200,000).
- Project Leader: SMEnet (Establishment of Sustainable Collabotrative SME Networks). EU funded project under Leonardo da Vinci-Transfer of Innovation 2008-1-TR1-LEO05-03154 (December 1, 2008-January 31, 2011, €235,000).
- Researcher: Benefits of inventory pooling and information sharing in spare parts management systems. TÜBİTAK supported research TUBITAK-108M004.
- Project Team Member: İŞİM Clustering Project based on the protocol between Çankaya University and OSTİM Organized Industrial Zone (Start Date: March 16th, 2007, Duration: 10 years).
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), 2013-
- Chamber of Mechanical Engineers-Industrial Engineering Division Advisory Board, 2012-
- Yöneylem Araştırma Derneği (Operations Research Association), 2004-
- Applied Probability Society, 2009-
- Founder and General Manager of Ferda Consultancy Ltd., which is specialized on process optimization, reengineering, system design, data analysis, strategy development and similar topics.
- Co-founder and General Manager of Çankaya Technology Ltd., which is specialized on providing mobile applications and integrated solutions with innovative methods and cutting edge technologies.