Gonca Yıldırım, Assistant Professor
Ph.D., University of Florida, Industrial Engineering, 2012
M.S., Bilkent University, Industrial Engineering, 2001
B.S., Bilkent University, Industrial Engineering, 1998
Phone: (312) 233 1369
Supply chain optimization, inventory planning and control, nonlinear optimization, computational optimization, mathematical modeling.
Publications in Journals
- Konur, D., & YILDIRIM, G. (2019). Cycle cost considerations in a continuous review inventory control model, Journal of the Operational Research Society (forthcoming)
- YILDIRIM, G., Yıldırım, B., Satır, B. (2019). Design of a rectangular parking lot using a cutting-stock formulation, Cankaya University Journal of Science and Engineering, 16(1), 1-16.
- Satır, B., YILDIRIM, G., & Kırca, Ö. (2012). Broiler house performance analysis and chick entrance planning for a broiler chicken integration, Turkish Journal of Statistical Research, 9(3), 54-63.
- Berk, E., Gürler, Ü., & YILDIRIM, G. (2009). On pricing of perishable assets with menu costs. International Journal of Production Economics, 121, 678-699.
- Başkır, M. B., YILDIRIM, G., & Yıldırım, F. (2015). Improving Evaluation System of Program Educational Objectives and Outcomes based on MÜDEK Criteria Using Fuzzy Approach. Proceedings of The 4th International Fuzzy Systems Symposium (FUZZYSS'15), İstanbul, Turkey, 5-6 November 2015 (pp. 362-368).
- Yıldırım, F., & YILDIRIM, G. (2003). Statistical evaluation of estimators based on resampling with censored data. Proceedings of the 3rd Statistics Congress, Antalya, Turkey, 16-20 April 2003 (pp. 167-172).
- YILDIRIM, G., & Aydemir-Karadağ, A. (2017). Optimizing Healthcare Facility Locations to Intervene a Fast-Spreading Epidemic [Abstract]. Abstracts Book of the INFORMS Annual Meeting in Houston, Texas, 378.
- Aydemir-Karadağ, A., & YILDIRIM, G. (2017). Planning Accumulated Employee Vacations under Varying Workload and Contractual Restrictions [Abstract]. Abstracts Book of the INFORMS Annual Meeting in Houston, Texas, 515.
- YILDIRIM, G., & Konur, D. (2014). Stabilizing costs in a continuous review inventory system: A bi-objective approach [Abstract]. Abstracts Book of the INFORMS Annual Meeting in San Francisco, California, 349.
- YILDIRIM, G., & Akçalı, E. (2010). Part recovery under quality and demand uncertainty with environmental costs [Abstract]. Abstracts Book of the INFORMS Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas, 432. (invited talk).
- YILDIRIM, G., & Akçalı, E. (2011). Inspection schemes for part recovery under demand uncertainty [Abstract]. Abstracts Book of the INFORMS Annual Meeting in Charlotte, North Carolina, 443.
- YILDIRIM, G., Akçalı, E., & Bayındır, Z. P. (2009). Inventory planning in multi-component product recovery under environmental fees [Abstract]. Abstracts Book of the INFORMS Annual Meeting in San Diego, California, 412.
- Radwan, E., Mollaghasemi, M., Mitchell, S., Yıldırım, G. (2005). Framework for modeling emergency evacuation. Florida Department of Transportation, Tallahassee, FL, USA. (BD548-05).
Funded/Sponsored Research and Industrial Projects
- Research Assistant: Analytical approaches for assessing the revenue aspects and environmental impacts of demanufacturing (with PI: Akçalı, E.). NSF-CMMI (National Science Foundation, Division of Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation) grant, USA (August 15, 2008-July, 31 2012).
- Trainee: Simulation modeling and analysis of charter buses used for crowd evacuation in major events (with PI: Mollaghasemi, M.). SP Plus GameDay Management Group sponsored research, USA (December 7, 2005-January 24, 2006).
- Trainee: Orlando International Airport Simulation Study - North Terminal (with Mollaghasemi, M. (PI), Cope, D., Kaylani, A.) GOAA (Greater Orlando Airport Authority) sponsored research, USA (January 9-January 18, 2006).
- Research Assistant: Simulation modeling and analysis of park & ride buses used for crowd evacuation in major events (with PI: Mollaghasemi, M.) SP Plus GameDay Management Group external research fund, USA (December 7, 2005-January 24, 2006).
- Research Assistant: Framework for modeling emergency evacuation (with Radwan, E. (PI), Mollaghasemi, M. (PI), Mitchell, S.), FDOT (Florida Department of Transportation) sponsored research BD548-05, USA (September 2003-April 2005).
- The Association of European Operational Research Societies (EURO), 2000-
- Turkish Statistics Association, 2003-
- Turkish Statistics Institute (TÜİK), 2013-
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), 2009-