Undergraduate Program Objectives and Outcomes
Undergraduate Program Objectives
The graduates of IE undergraduate program, after completing their education, are able to:
- find job positions in manufacturing and service sectors in a short amount of time,
- pursue graduate studies in higher education institutions,
- work in industrial engineering related areas of projects involving teamwork.
Undergraduate Program Outcomes (Qualifications)
- Adequate knowledge in mathematics, science, engineering and social sciences subjects pertaining to Industrial Engineering; ability to use theoretical and applied information in these areas in complex Industrial Engineering problems.
- Ability to identify, define, formulate and solve complex Industrial Engineering problems involving human, material, machinery, money, information, time and energy elements; ability to select and apply proper analysis tools, operations research methods and modeling techniques for formulating and solving such problems.
- Ability to analyze a complex system and/or a subsystem or a process involving human, material, machinery, money, information, time and energy elements and ability to design it under realistic constraints and conditions, in such a way as to meet the desired improvement; ability to apply modern systems design methods for this purpose.
- Ability to devise, select, and use modern techniques and computing tools needed for analyzing and solving complex problems encountered in Industrial Engineering practice; ability to use information technologies effectively with the knowledge of state-of-the art hardware, and especially software capabilities related to Industrial Engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, gather data, analyze and interpret results for investigating complex Industrial Engineering problems or Industrial Engineering research questions.
- Ability to work efficiently in intra-disciplinary and multidisciplinary teams by collaborating effectively; ability to work individually.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Turkish and in English, both orally and in writing; ability to use visual tools such as technical drawing and flow diagram; ability to write effective reports and comprehend written reports, prepare design and production reports, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear and intelligible instructions.
- Awareness of the need for lifelong learning; ability to access information (ability to search resources, to use databases and other information sources to access information), to follow developments in science and technology, and to keep continuous self-improvement.
- Consciousness to behave according to ethical principles and professional and ethical responsibility; knowledge on standards used in engineering practice.
- Knowledge about business life practices such as project management, risk management, and change management; awareness in entrepreneurship, innovation; knowledge about sustainable development.
- Knowledge about the global and social effects of engineering practices on health, environment, and safety, and contemporary issues of the century reflected into the field of engineering; awareness of the legal consequences of engineering solutions.